PASSAGE FOR THE DAY:
Matthew 6 (click the link)
KEY PASSAGE:
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. (Matthew 6:33-34, NIV)
REFLECTIONS:
My mouth is dry, my pits are wet, my abdomen is taut and there is a humming pain in my head. Eighty emails need to be viewed from yesterday and twenty new ones have already arrived today. There are six appointments on my calendar today with barely enough time for restroom breaks in between. I put $70 worth of gas in my car today for the second time this week. I have not called my mother since April 14th when I completed her tax return. My list of tasks that I need to complete for clients grew from yesterday as hard as I tried. I need to make travel arrangements for Jed’s summer trip. There is a sensitive church matter needing my attention that I should have addressed three days ago. I cannot remember the last time I cleaned the kitchen or washed a load of clothes and I know Jennifer is growing weary. My spring intern is now gone and my unopened mail is beginning to accumulate. Olive-Anne got a red frown for behavior yesterday for biting a friend though she claims she only chewed him. I need to reconcile my checking account. I am not prepared for the 2-hour retirement class that I am scheduled to teach tomorrow. Jed is in some typical teenage trouble and our relationship is cracking. I need to register for a CPA event in another city. I have not made time for only Jennifer in some time though I know what she needs and I am clearly not delivering. We are only a few weeks away from the Children’s Academy fund raiser and I have yet to recruit any sponsors. One of my associates is not carrying his weight in the firm and I will have to address it. I need to recruit volunteers for several CPA task forces that kick off in June. I have not ran or ridden my bike since mid-February and it is uncomfortable to sit in my chair feeling the expansion of my waist line. Lottie needs special attention from me. Mothers’ Day is coming. I have three associates that need my attention on critical elements of their work but it will likely be next week before I can meet with them. I long to play tennis with Jed, but when. Like a fool, yesterday I volunteered to create a promo video for the Austin CPAs’ Leadership Academy. Firm revenue looks pretty good through the summer but what will the fall bring? AND NOW MY MAY CONTRIBUTION TO THE COMPANIONS IN CHRIST DEVOTIONAL IS DUE TO TRES!!!
Jesus says in Matthew 6: Don’t worry about it. Give your entire attention to what I am doing right now and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow.
POINT OF ACTION:
Take out a sheet of paper and begin to write down everything you can think of that worries you. Get it all out and then snuggle up to Jesus and hand it all off. Let’s see what happens.
PRAYER:
Okay, Jesus. I admit it. I worry. Much of the time I don’t trust you and I lose sight of what you are doing and I’m sorry. Well, here it is. Right up there. Everything that I am worried about. I offload it to you now. And I’ll do my best to trust you with it. Help me to give my full attention to what you are doing in every moment.
WHO AM I?
I am Guy Draper and I have a wonderfully blessed life. One of my children is super-well behaved and
never gets into trouble. One is
energy-charged and is in a constant state of being redirected. And one gets bored with being good and so
throws a curve-ball now and again just to keep it interesting. Can you guess which one is which?
No comments:
Post a Comment