PASSAGE FOR THE DAY:
Numbers 6 (click the link)
KEY VERSES:
22 The Lord said to Moses, 23 “Tell Aaron and his sons, ‘This is how you are to bless the Israelites. Say to them:
24 “‘“The LORD bless you
and keep you;
25 the LORD make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
26 the LORD turn his face toward you
and give you peace.”’
27 “So they will
put my name on the Israelites, and I will bless them.” (Numbers 6:22-27, NIV)
REFLECTIONS:
Have you ever “luxurated” (I made that word up because it
fits) in the warmth of the sunshine on your face? Maybe you had a long stormy or sleepless
night, stayed up all night with a child or endured a long stretch of dark cold
winter and finally found yourself a warm place in the sun and just felt it.
Felt the warmth, the light and God’s blessing on your face and your soul? This is what comes to mind when I read this
blessing scripture. The Lord told Moses,
Aaron and his sons to bless His people with this blessing. Our Lord, Father, Creator of the Universe
wants to bless us! The Lord lets his
priests bless His people with His blessing.
As priests, ourselves, maybe we can bless our territory—our people,
family, friends… with the Lord’s blessing.
“Keep you” means to protect physically and spiritually. Reminds me of another blessing “may God keep
you in the palm of His hand.” “Make His
face shine upon you” and “the Lord turn His face toward you”—He is pleased with
you, sees you, understands you. His eye
is on you and your circumstance and His ear is open to your prayer. “Be gracious to you” and “give you peace.” Oh how we need His grace and the peace that
comes from being in step with our created purpose and connected with the Prince
of Peace.
WHO AM I?
Hi!
I’m Cinda Brooks, and I am a lover of family. When they hurt—I hurt, when they struggle—I
struggle. I can’t make their way for
them but… I can proclaim the Lord’s blessing over them. I pronounce this blessing over you and your
family… and mine. “The Lord bless you
and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the
Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.”

No comments:
Post a Comment